The healthcare and science field is vast and covers organizations in research and development, technology, insurance, pharmaceuticals, insurance and that providing care for patients. In addition to companies of all sizes, government, nonprofit and universities are large employers in these fields.
Hands-on, lab-based science courses are an effective way to start developing skills and exploring areas of interest. Coursework that involves conducting experiments, analyzing data and presenting findings is an important foundation to careers in this field. Many Princeton faculty offer students the opportunity to be a research assistant during the year and/or over the summer.
Centers and campus offices
Undergraduate student groups
- American Physician Scientists Association
- Biological Sciences Society
- Black Premedical Society
- Minority Association of Pre-Health Students
- Neuroscience Network, Princeton
- Pre-Veterinary Society, Princeton
- Princeton for Palliative Care
- Princeton HOSA: Future Health Professionals
- Princeton Science of Psychedelics Club
Internship, fellowship, funding and related opportunities:
- International Internship Program
- Internships in Global Health, Center for Health and Wellbeing
- Princeton in Africa (PiAf) fellowship
- Princeton in Asia (PiA) summer internship and fellowship
- Princeton in Latin America (PiLA) fellowship
- Princeton Internships in Civic Service (PICS)
- Project 55 Fellowship Program (Princeton AlumniCorps)
- Scholars in the Nation’s Service Initiative (SINSI) Internship
More resources and information specific to fields within healthcare and science can be found in the subcategory pages listed below.
Professional organizations and associations are membership-based groups comprised of people working in a similar field. They can be helpful resources for students to learn more about a field, develop connections and discover related opportunities. You can search for related organizations and associations using a database provided by the Princeton University Library.
Job TitleResearch Scientist
Job TitleCardiac Anesthesiologist, Director of Quality Improvement, Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, George Washington University Hospital
Job TitlePhysician and Surgeon
Job TitleCEO, Pre-Health Career Advisor